1. IS THE SURGERY OPEN? Medigroup remains open from 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday. Private patients will be able to pay for their consultation in advance over the phone with a credit or debit card. We have a reduced rate of €30 per consultation for all telephone consultations. There is no charge if your phonecall is related to current Covid symptoms.
2. WHAT DO I DO IF I FEEL UNWELL? Phone the surgery on 021 4305544 or 021 4391866. Our reception staff will ask you for some brief information about your symptoms to help them to direct your call. A doctor or nurse may have to phone you back to discuss your symptoms in greater detail. If you are calling with symptoms which may be due to coronavirus infection, please have your Eircode to hand when calling, as this will be required by the doctor for the next stage of testing.
3. WHAT IF I HAVE SYMPTOMS THAT I DO NOT THINK ARE DUE TO COVID19? At the moment it can seem that everyone is talking only about Coronavirus and Covid19. However, all of the other usual illnesses are still around and it is very important to call us about these too. We are happy to call you back about any symptoms that you may be having.
4. MY REGULAR PRESCRIPTION IS DUE - HOW DO I GET IT? Contact us by phone to order your prescription, giving at least 2 days' notice. The prescription will be sent on to the pharmacy of your choice so please let us know which pharmacy you use. Be sure to ring the pharmacy first before calling to collect it to ensure your prescription is ready. You can also send a WhatsApp message to 085 2124461 with your name, address and preferred pharmacy and we will send the prescription on within 2 working days. We will send you a secure payment link by SMS if a fee is applicable.
5. HOW DO I GET A SICK NOTE FOR MY EMPLOYER, OR A SOCIAL WELFARE CERTIFICATE? If you are already on regular social welfare certs (monthly or six monthly) you can order your next one from our reception staff. If you require a new cert or sick note you will need to speak with the doctor. The receptionist will arrange a telephone appointment with the doctor for you. 6. MY DRIVING LICENSE IS DUE FOR RENEWAL AND I NEED A MEDICAL REPORT. WHAT DO I DO? You can make an appointment directly with the doctor by letting the receptionist know that it is for a driving license medical. These appointments are not covered by the medical card. **PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE A COUGH, COLD OR TEMPERATURE**
7. MY BABY'S VACCINATIONS ARE DUE. WHAT DO I DO? Our nurses see all babies for their routine vaccinations. The nurse will be wearing a mask and gloves for all of these consultations. **PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND WITH YOUR BABY IF EITHER OF YOU HAS A COUGH, COLD OR TEMPERATURE**
8. I AM PREGNANT. IS THE NURSE STILL SEEING ANTENATAL PATIENTS? Yes, our nurse midwives see all antenatal patients. The nurse will be wearing a mask and gloves for all of these consultations. **PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND FOR YOUR ANTENATAL APPOINTMENT IF YOU HAVE A COUGH, COLD OR TEMPERATURE**
9. I HAVE DIABETES AND I USUALLY SEE THE NURSE FOR REVIEW A COUPLE OF TIMES PER YEAR. WILL I STILL GET MY DIABETIC REVIEW? Yes. All diabetic reviews are now up and running again. If you are over 70, the nurse may speak to you about the changes to the reviews, which are now called Chronic Disease Management (CDM) reviews.
10. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO KEEP MYSELF AND MY FAMILY SAFE AND HEALTHY AT THIS TIME? The most important thing to do is to avoid any crowds or any unnecessary contact with other people. Stay 6 feet away from others in the supermarket, while out walking, or at your workplace. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Always wash your hands as soon as you return home, and before you eat. If you have any symptoms of a cough or a cold, do NOT leave your house and stay separate from anyone else in the house with you. For those at greater risk e.g. older people or those with chronic lung or heart conditions, we advise that you isolate yourself from other people. However, it is very important to stay in touch with your friends and family by phone or text.
Services We Offer COVID Certificate Information General practice Preventative Care Chronic Disease Management Women's Health Children's Health Men's Health Cryotherapy Medicals ECG/Blood Pressure Monitoring Blood Testing Nursing Services Immunisations and Vaccinations